—School Library Journal
"Buy this book for yourself and for all the stewards of your program."
"If you are a library professional who is
contemplating a new or renovated facility this is a mustpurchase...This is a thoughtful approach to the complete process from well-regarded experts in the field.
“This book is highly recommended for
those who are involved in the design of a new school library or the renovation of an old one. It is also recommended reading for students undertaking school library management units in university programmes for teacher librarians.”
Designing a School Library Media Center
for the Future: Second Edition
Rolf Erikson and Carolyn MarckusonDesigning a school library media center may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so take advantage! In this hands-on guidebook, school library construction and media specialists Rolf Erikson and Carolyn Markuson share their experiences of working on more than 100 media center building projects around the country, using conceptual plans from actual school libraries.
ISBN-13: 978-0-8389-0945-4Year Published: 2007
Combining all aspects of design for the school library media center—floor plans, furniture, technology, bidding, and evaluation—this newly updated edition addresses
· Current and future technological needs of the student population
· Unique needs of the community library that combines school and public library services
· Sustainability and conservation issues to help designers and planners “go green”
· Accessibility requirements, including all ADA regulations from the first edition plus the latest material on learning styles and accessibility
· Cost control and ways to minimize mistakes using proven bidding and evaluation methods
With 30 new illustrations and floor plans and an updated glossary of technical terms, readers will be knowledgeable and organized when discussing plans with contractors and vendors. Using the guidance here, you’ll avoid the classic building and renovation hazards and build a library media center for the future!
|© 2009 biblioTECH Consultants. All Rights Reserved.|